I wonder if ETSU wasn't part of his choice though. Didnt he sign really early with them? You would have thought he would have had a lot of attention from UT VT, and etc.
I went to DB, Ritz is an alright guy, so is his son...In the 80's and 90's the first day of practice, he would get on his knees in the batters box have someone underhand him a couple balls (thats ussually all it took) until he hit one out of the park, OFF HIS KNEES!!!! then he would stand up and say, "now you kids wanta get good, listen to me, i know what I'm talkin about"
As far as DB always comming up short in west TN in all sports, the problem is that we play the weakest competition in the state, unlike over here in SWVA, 1A, where lots of times a couple of the final four teams in any sport will come from region D, never happens in east TN...On a very rare occasion Science Hill will do something in a sport, but thats not nearly as common in the last 10 years. DB choses to play some of those schools, like Oak Ridge, ect just for experience...
I was really wanting to see Derek Trent win the state...How much talent does it tke to get a ride at big school, 2 time Louisville Slugger All American (I think one a very few, like 4 or 5 juniors to get it last year, In the whole USA),20 some homers this year, still he only gets picked up by ETSU????
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
I wonder if ETSU wasn't part of his choice though. Didnt he sign really early with them? You would have thought he would have had a lot of attention from UT VT, and etc.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
VT baseball is a joke. i would choose ETSU over VT anyday.
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]
HAHA, very true coach...
Maybe he was thinkin he would play there a year or two, hoping to transfer much like Sensabaugh did in Football
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
I wonder if he don't figure he will get drafted around the 10th round and just go to the minors though.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Might be, that seems to be very common with baseball, a majority of superstars never played college ball
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
Bookmarks